Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Spring Hill, TN, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is searching for a Machine Operator who will apply the appropriate welding processes to meet specifications, inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of exhaust pipe components.
Perform as an active team member in performing other tasks within the cell. Participate in cell-level BOS meetings.
- The applicants should possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Candidates with work-related experience will be a plus.
- Apply appropriate welding process to weld and repair welds on parts per specifications.
- Perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks, and applicable work instructions.
- Handle materials/tools, set up complete appropriate weld processes and inspect all welds and products to assure weld specifications are met.
- Perform as a team member of a cellular operating group, which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations within the cell.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete daily forms.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance, and safety standards.
- Overtime as required and requested.
- Assist in the implementation of Lean Principles.
- Assist other employees in cell group when welding is not required
- Assist the team in 5S advancements
- Clean welding station and maintain neatness in the surrounding work areas.
- Inspect all welds to assure each meets quality standards, troubleshoot problems, and make adjustments as required.
- Obtain supplies and parts required doing the job and performing proper setup of welding power supplies and controls.
- Ability to correctly use and read various gauges
- Ability to read and understand work orders, directions, charts, forms, and safety regulations
- Ability to set up welder, apply appropriate weld process, inspect the weld and make necessary adjustments
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team concept
- Knowledge and skills of five welding processes. 1) Fuel Gas, 2) Stick Electrode, 3) Gas Metal Arc, 4) Gas Tungsten Arc, 5) Resistance
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate extremely hot temperatures
- Extensive sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, torso twisting, hand, and arm motion
- Good visual ability
- Manual dexterity
- Confined workspace
- High noise levels
- Varying temperatures (hot to cold)
- Weld flashes
- Welding fumes and smoke
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.