Website Johnson Controls
Machine Operator II (Redline Fab) Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Operator II (Redline Fab)|
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Marinette, WI, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is searching for a Machine Operator II to join its team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Hydrostatically tests extinguishers by plugging shell openings and filling each shell with water and pressurizing to specifications and time. Visually check each shell for leaks and identifies them by marking the location of the leak.
- Operates a seam welder and planisher to fabricate 10, 20, and 30-pound shells. Using hand tools sets up both machines when shell requirement change, by removal of the mandrel, adjusting arms, adjusting stops, etc. Utilizes expander to test and check seam weld.
- Operates projection tube and collar welder to weld components such as carrying handle lugs, confiners, hanger attachments, collars, and bottoms to extinguisher shells. Sets up welders by sight-setting of torch and wire projections, adjusting gas, wire feed speeds, amperages, and voltages, and setting welding overlap for various size Red Line Shells. Using hand tools attaches fixtures to each machine during size changeovers.
- Operates welders to weld Red Line, 101, and JOY shell spuds and bottoms. Using hand tools sets up spud, collar, and bottom welders when shell size requirements change. Adjusts welding head angles, wire feed, weld speeds, voltages, amperages, and gases as necessary for welding of JOY and Red Line shells.
- Must be able to read prints and use small hand tools whenever needed to perform duties.
- Work is performed mostly from a standing position but must be able to work while bending and in uncomfortable positions.
- Requires working with light to heavy materials.
Environmental, Health, Safety
- Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels
- Air shutoff locations
- Ask questions if something is not known
- Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste training
- Attend and Participate in Safety Training
- Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
- Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements
- Comply with safety rules
- Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
- Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
- Participate actively in the safety process
- Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
- Report all accidents and injuries immediately
- Spill management and clean-up
- Submit suggestions to improve safety
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.