Website Hubbell Incorporated
Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Freeburg, IL, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Conducting assessments to determine appropriate welding methods and equipment.
- Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
- Operate grinders and scrapers to prepare metal surfaces for welding operations.
- Operate hand-welding and flame-cutting equipment such as an oxyacetylene torch, electric arc machine, and robotic welding cells.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning with chemical solutions and wire brushes to remove impurities such as scale, rust, grease, and moisture.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts being produced and performing first piece inspections and subsequent inspections to ensure overall quality
- Responsible for the quality of the parts produced.
- Set up the install welding components/equipment according to set specifications.
- Spot welder cut or join together metal pieces using manual or semi-automatic welding machine
- Utilize braces and clamps to align metal components for welding.
- Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending, and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 – 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Poses and able to use inspections equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate the machine and inspect parts
- Welders ensure compliance with safety protocols by wearing protective gloves, masks, and boots.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.