Machine Repair Mechanic (2nd/3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Repair Mechanic – 2nd/3rd Shift|
|Location||Mapleton, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is hiring a Machine Repair Mechanic who will inspect equipment and plan repairs for the service required. Also, responsible for checking blueprints, diagrams, or drawings for repairs or installations when necessary and doing lay-out work and fabrication.
They will also use various hand tools and equipment to dismantle, repair, replace and reassemble parts and equipment is required.
You will assemble and align gears, bearings, cams, and shafts involving the application of press, sliding, and running fits. While operating machinery such as drill presses, lathes, mills, grinders, power saws, and cutting and threading machines.
- The prospective applicants should have a Technical Degree/Diploma passed from a college or university.
Note: The applicants will successfully pass a 2-hour skills exam
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of maintenance experience.
- Changes, sets up, and adjusts equipment as required
- Lubricates or directs others to lubricate equipment
- Performs maintenance pipefitting on all equipment
- Uses all common and precision checking equipment, laser equipment, and portable power tools Install, repair, and maintain pumps
- Uses hydraulic equipment, metal cutting and forming equipment, compressors, valves, turbines, steam delivery systems, and material handling equipment
- Be able to work near high voltage electricity, molten metal, heavy equipment, various gases, moving machinery, high above the floor and in a congested or confined area.
- Machine shop experience
- Must be able to weld, cut, solder and braze
- Strong mechanical background
- The company offers full benefits for this position.
- No relocation reimbursement is offered
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.