Machine Repair Mechanic Job Highlights
|Machine Repair Mechanic
|Renton, WA, United States
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services.
The company is looking for a Machine Repair Mechanic who will repair critical equipment, perform preventive and predictive maintenance, and complete projects such as mechanical hardware upgrades.
Communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with customers on important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion.
Repair/replace defective equipment, overhaul/rebuild, and assemble a wide variety of plant equipment including Numerically Controlled (NC) machines, robotics and end effectors, modular assembly equipment, precision-built machines, material handling equipment, stationary generator sets, and process equipment.
- High School Graduate or GED (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience as a CNC machine repair mechanic, manufacturing building systems mechanic, or general equipment repair mechanic, (IE Pump repairs, ship repairs, large farming equipment or military equipment).
- Ability to review and interpret work orders, tie-ins, technical manuals, and machine operations and communicate with production employees to determine appropriate crafts skills and repairs needed to return machines to production readiness.
- Develop maintenance procedures when documentation is not available and devise and make tools to facilitate work.
- Obtain and analyze drawings, sketches, hydraulic schematics, and specifications needed to perform assigned work to perform preventive and predictive maintenance inspections.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions on all types of factory machinery including, Numerically Controlled (NC) and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tools and controllers, gearboxes, stationary generator sets, and machine accessories using various types of test equipment.
- Obtain job assignments from data systems, management, or engineers.
- Willing to work at heights up to 125 feet above ground level and pass Fall Protection Training.
- Willing to work overtime based on business requirements.
- Ability to work around electromagnetic fields as a result of various types of production equipment.
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, material processes, schematics, and diagrams.
- Experience testing and diagnosing hydraulic, pneumatic, and electromechanical components, and test equipment.
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
- This hourly position is governed by the International Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
- The benefit programs include health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and several programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All the decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.