Machine Shop Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Shop Manager|
|Location||Elk River, MN, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is hiring a Machine Shop Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing personnel and activities of production machining, deburring, metal finishing, and welding in a consistent and safe manner.
Ensuring products that are manufactured maintain high-quality outputs that meet the customer’s needs and lead improvement activities in assigned areas centered on Lean principles.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from university/college with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment OR
- Associate Degree with minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or two years of experience in manufacturing planning experience.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of budgeting experience.
- Assures appropriate materials, equipment, tooling/supplies are available, and inventories maintained.
- Develop, track and report key performance measurements and metrics in support of Tescom Key Initiatives.
- Help develop annual department operation and capital budgets.
- Issues work requests for repairs and maintenance of equipment and maintain good housekeeping and adequate protection for the assigned area and associated resources.
- Perform regular audit functions to ensure the sustainment of proper processes.
- Works with the ES&H Administrator to assure that all requirements regarding the collection, storage, handling, disposal, recycling, and shipping of waste are conformed to in accordance with the written Waste Management Operating Procedures, EPA requirements, and Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA).
Manage and Provide Leadership (40%)
Manages and provides leadership to be consistent with the Purpose of Tescom; including training, coaching, timely performance feedback, recruitment, corrective action, and employee development.
Plan, Direct or Execute continuous improvement activities with hands-on involvement and reinforcement of Lean practices.
Provides the administration for all shifts regarding staffing, overtime, and resource requirements, assuring consistency of each throughout the assigned areas. Plans for the accomplishment of the production schedule in coordination with the planners and communicates the priorities to off-shift personnel/Supervisors.
Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, forecast, provide for and maintain, supplies and perishable tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of MRP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools, jigs, and fixtures for machining and metal finishing operations.
- Familiarity with Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) equipment (lathe and vertical mill) operations, tooling, and programming.
- Knowledge of metal finishing processes preferred.
- According to Government Regulations, all employees in this job classification must be US citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.