Website Parker Hannifin
Machine Welder Job Highlights
|Kent, WA, United States
Parker Hannifin manufactures motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of compressed air/gas treatment, on-site gas generation systems, and clean air solutions.
The company is seeking a Machine Welder who will apply basic machine welding processes to join sheet metal aircraft components as specified by written instructions, weld schedules, and sketches.
Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience
- Check for required dimensions using pi tapes, calipers, micrometers, height gages, or other inspection devices.
- Detect faulty processes and provide some input for their resolution.
- Follow written instructions, sketches, and weld schedules.
- Perform basic machine welding tasks while applying standard practices.
- Performs all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation is entered on manufacturing planning (including correct quantities) and paperless timecard system.
- Set up and regulate machine parameters such as gas, current, amperage, voltage, forge pressure, and torch-related items to produce correct bead size, penetration, nugget, and other physical characteristics.
- Work under direct oversight.
- Able to read and understand manufacturing planning, weld symbols, and sketches. Knows when to stop and ask for clarification.
- Knowledge of shop math and precision measurement equipment.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools and good manual dexterity.
- Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses/chemical goggles, hearing protection, respirator, and heat-reflective gloves as required.
- The welder performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing, and handling of material.
- Healthcare Plans
- Annual Cash Incentive Plan
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Reimbursement Program
Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company takes all employment decisions regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit parkercareers.ttcportals.com.