Machine Welder B Job Highlights
|Machine Welder B
|Burbank, CA, United States
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. The company designs and manufactures high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment manufacturers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, land vehicle, and power and energy markets.
Senior Aerospace SSP is the leader in innovative design and manufacturing methods in the area of complex aerospace systems.
The company is hiring a Machine Welder B who will set up and operate a machine welder for Group II alloys.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Shall be qualified with AWS D 17.1 and QOP-62-02
- Follow all Senior policies and procedures
- Must be able to get x-ray quality welds
- Operating equipment’s
- Perform welding duties
- Performs rework, repair, and other associated operations relating to the work described
- Verifies welds using magnifiers, dial calipers, pin micrometers, and tube micrometers.
- Weld fittings on tubing, ducts, tanks, and other similar units
- Other duties as assigned
- An annual eye examination is required.
- Certifications- required only if the person has not performed the task within a six-month period, records are maintained for validation of extended validity.
- Must have SSP machine welding certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, weld symbols, and weld specs. Candidates are required to submit weld samples from a minimum of three different material groups (Group Ia, IIIb, VI) for visual, radiographic, and metallographic acceptance and a physical visual eye examination is required.
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys
- Automatic and semi-automatic weld machines
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
- Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
- The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, a matching 401k plan, and paid time off.
Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants are considered regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seniorplc.com.