Website Martin Marietta
Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Midlothian, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Machinist who will operate sophisticated machine shop equipment.
The position will work under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 4 years of experience as a machinist in a heavy industrial environment
- Maintained equipment drawings and spare part inventory of new and rebuilt equipment.
- Operate engine lathe, milling machines (vertical and horizontal), key slotter, radial drill press, band saws, hydraulic press, jack systems
- Repair and install plant process equipment (gear reducers, mill and kiln pinions, rotary air compressors)
- Basic Computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, sketches, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read and understand measuring equipment (micrometers, tape measures, rules, dial indicators, thread gauges, levels, squares, etc.)
- Must demonstrate skills in electric arc welding, oxy-acetylene welding, soldering, and flame-sprayed coatings.
- Must order and keep up with inventory repair parts for equipment scheduled for repairs: spares, bearings, seals, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in the English language
- Ability to see and hear safety indicators and warnings
- Ability to work at heights up to 60’ above ground level
- Able to use required hearing protection in certain areas
- Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility
- Manual dexterity to operate equipment and use basic hand tools
- Must be able to assist in making minor repairs.
- Must be able to climb ladders of 30′ in height and stairways of 30′ in height
- Must be able to learn to drive and operate bobcat using levers and pedals to operate for clean-up
- Must use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven or slippery ground)
- Perform walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, and squatting
- Works in all weather conditions, including heat, cold, ice, rain, and high humidity, and is required to work in all plant environments.
- Be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights.
- May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDSs)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.