Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Gonzales, LA, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is looking for a Machinist who will be responsible for fabricating Fisher OEM control valve parts using a variety of machining techniques and equipment.
Also, repair parts from the field, returning them to OEM specifications.
Safety and Quality of work are key components of this position.
- Applicants should have a Mechanical related Associates Degree (college/university) or experience with machining and fabricating (a plus)
- Be familiar with manual and CNC lathe and mill operations
- Experience in the process control industry (a plus)
- Adherence to all safety, quality, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Be responsible for personal safety and for the safety of others.
- Must maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Cross-train on all machines to prevent lapses in production flow including but not limited to engine lathes, manual drills, horizontal bandsaws, CNC lathes, VTLs, HBMs, and CNC mills.
- Interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T) per part drawings.
- Must understand material hardness, cutting tools, speeds and feeds, coolant requirements, and machining techniques.
- Potential for field assignments using an in-line machine. Some travel may be required.
- Set up, indicate, and machine raw material (bar stock, forgings, and castings) to manufacture Fisher parts to OEM print dimensions.
- Mechanical related Associates degree or 5+ years of experience with machining and fabricating
- Knowledge of analyzing, evaluating, diagnosing, and resolving equipment and process-related problems (strongly preferred)
- Strong computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, CAD, or CAM software (preferred)
- Welding knowledge (preferred)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer relations skills (a must)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- The company offers competitive benefit plans that offer the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Also, provide you with flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.