Machinist Job Highlights
|Experience||Less than 1 Year|
|Location||Peck, MI, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for a Machinist who will set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- The candidates should have a minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or technical certification is helpful.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1-year of previous relevant work experience in a machine/manufacturing environment.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws a sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.