Website Precision Castparts Corporation
Machinist Job Highlights
|Covina, CA, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is searching for a Machinist who will set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic (Composite) parts by performing the following functions.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of machining experience with CNC and 5-axis machining on mills set up and operate
- Achieves team production goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Confers with Engineers, production personnel, and others to resolve machining problems
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly
- Following SIS, selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and shapers.
- Following SIS, sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve computerized control media.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment and tests operation of the unit to ensure functionality and performance
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts
- Passionately works in a safe manner by following all safety rules and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify the accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Starts and observes machining operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Studies SIS (Setup Instruction Sheet), drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpieces, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly
- Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet and exceed production and quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings.
- Ability to safely lift up to 35 lbs. and have good hand dexterity. This position requires significant walking, bending, and standing.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in the English language (written and verbal).
- Job requires to be trained and able to handle hazardous waste.
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations.
- Employees will receive 80 hours of paid time off every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participate in the company’s medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.