Machinist Job Highlights
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is searching for a Machinist who will provide set-up and operation for large machining centers to optimize and support the production processes.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3+ years of knowledge of milling machining centers, educational courses
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, etc.)
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions
- Familiar with 5S principles and practices
- Familiar with paralleling workpiece and tramming mill heads
- Operate machining centers such as lathe, vertical milling, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw and band saw.
- Provide crucial input on design, optimization, and production for machining, manufacturing, assembly, and low cost
- Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Ability to machine complex and high tolerance components
- Ability to work independently
- Day-shift position
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment with long hours and tight deadlines
- Mastery of high-speed machining and tool path optimization
- Materials: aluminum, stainless steel, steel, plastics, and copper
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Passionate about machining
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Well organized, strong written and verbal communication skills
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.