Machinist III Job Highlights
|Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
STERIS helps Customers to create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions. The company is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines, and biologics.
The company is looking for a Machinist III who will assemble, repair, and fabricate metal parts by operating mechanical equipment.
Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units.
Uses blueprints and design sketches to ensure the finished product’s proper dimensions and tolerance levels.
Takes measurements of material and selects the appropriate machine for the process.
Provides training to lower-level machinists.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 7 years of machine operation experience
- Experience in manual and CNC machining
- Minimum 5 years of setup experience
- Abides by all Company safety and health policies and procedures.
- Aware of and actively participates in the company’s Lean philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Aware of and conforms to company ISO goals and objectives, and supports company ISO requirements.
- Ensures measuring devices used to check product quality are calibrated before use.
- Follows procedure for handling nonconforming parts.
- Interpret technical prints.
- Maintains in-process product identification.
- Monitors the quality of parts produced to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must know CNC machine “G-Code” and troubleshooting skills to identify and communicate program improvements to programmers.
- Must use personal protective equipment if required.
- Programs, sets up and operates manual and CNC mills, lathes, and grinders, and adjusts machining equipment for production efficiency without supervision. Able to read and utilize blueprints.
- Provide part quotation from technical drawings including estimated program, set up, and cycle labor plus material size and machined used.
- Ability to work with Engineers to make recommendations
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings
- 401(k) with a company match
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Training and coaching
- Tuition assistance
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company ensures that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred, and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.steris.com.