Machinist/Material Test Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Machinist/Material Test Technician|
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, United States|
Acuren Inspection is a leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). It provides a wide range of services for industries like Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace.
The company is seeking a Machinist/Material Test Technician who will provide machining, metallurgical and mechanical testing support to the Materials Lab.
The lab performs a wide variety of services in the determination of chemical compositions, material structures, failure analysis, and product performance parameters.
This position requires a person to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of diverse business needs.
- Applicants should have an Associate in Science (AS) Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing from a college or university
- Possess 1 to 3 years of machine shop experience
- Excellent understanding of engineering concepts (mechanisms, fixtures, tooling, etc.)
- Experience in working to Quality standards and processes
- Operates and maintains band saw, CNC lathe, and CNC milling machines
- Experience with destructive testing of welds
- Experience with hardness testing
- Experience with metallurgical sample preparation
- Experience with standard laboratory equipment
- Experience with tensile and bend testing (Instron)
- Carry out mechanical testing and inspection procedures
- Carry out system, equipment maintenance, and repair as needed
- Provide metallurgical sample preparation and evaluation
- Provide selection, extraction, and machining of test samples
- Provide written technical reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Other duties assigned by the Materials Testing Lab Manager
- Clear awareness of safety culture required in test labs
- Detail-oriented and great organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Self-starter, able to work independently on tasks
- 401(K) Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Acuren Inspection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all applicants based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.