Machinist/Metal Worker Job Highlights
|Location||Alpharetta, GA, United States|
Siemens is a technology company that focuses on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. It is a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport.
Siemens Mobility is a market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches and light rail vehicles.
The company is looking for a Machinist/Metal Worker to join its team for manufacturing needs.
- Applicants should have a Vocational Studies Diploma in Machining Techniques or Tin/Sheet Metal Working (required) – from an accredited institution
- Possess 5+ years in computer numerical control (CNC) machine-tool operation (an asset)
- Be ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 literate
- Experience using various hand tools with a high mechanical aptitude
- Methodical approach, speed of execution, and concern for quality
- Understand and utilize the 5S methodology
- Read and interpret technical drawings from purchase orders or verbal instructions.
- Operate machine tools to manufacture parts, as well as computer numerical control (CNC) tools.
- Operate high-tech digital and conventional equipment for the production of bus bars and sheet metal:
- Work with engineers and other manufacturing experts to produce quality Machined and fabricated parts.
- Load and Operate the CNC lathe including a tool setup and work offsets with minor programming (Fanuc)
- Bend various types of sheet metal
- Drill and Tap
- Load and operate band saws
- Operate manual machines Lathe/Mill
- Remove broken bolts
- Shear various types of sheet metal
- Some welding/spot welding
- Computers – Basic knowledge of computer software applications.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) – Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Lean Manufacturing – Knowledge of basic lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
- Machines and Tools – Knowledge of machines, power tools, and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and operator-level maintenance.
- Product- Knowledge of product, workmanship standards, and assembly procedures.
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401(k) match and generous Paid Time Off
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance – Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Join our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens.com.