Machinist/Sheet Metal Job Highlights
|Location||Jacksonville, FL, United States|
Zenetex provides management and technology support services that include IT, foreign military sales, engineering, integrated logistics, program management, training systems, and contractor field services solutions for a variety of federal government agencies and commercial organizations.
The company is looking for a machinist or a Sheet Metal/Airframe mechanic with machinist experience to support our based FRCSE team.
FRCSE provides intermediate and depot-level repair for the structural, mechanical, avionics, and engine component programs for aircraft and aircraft engine weapons systems.
The aspiring applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, college, tech center.
- At least two (2) years of CNC aviation experience is required
- At least two (2) years of documented experience in aerospace and/or machinist trade
- Experience from the military fixed-wing community (F/A-18, P-8, F-5, T-6, T-44, H-60) or civilian heavy structure background is preferred
- Military installation DEPOT level and/or major MRO facility maintenance experience preferred
Note: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post-offer/pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Maintain accuracy in accordance with requirements of blueprints, drawings, sketches, work documents, aircraft technical documents, manuals, bulletins, and directives
- Must be able to set up and operate 2,3,4, and 5 axis machining centers and CNC grinders
- Produce assigned work in accordance with established standards
- Must be familiar with the use of a variety of machine tool attachments or related equipment to perform precision machine work
- Perform all work in compliance with all safety rules and regulations in the production shop environment
- Set up and perform machining operations on conventional and CNC machine tools such as grinders, milling machines, lathes, and drills
- Set up and operate all types of conventional machines, computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines, and related equipment in the manufacture, rework, and repair of aircraft parts and components
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, forklift, APU, etc.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings, and other small scales
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day
This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass a National Agency background check, which could include a criminal history and credit check for access to government facilities.
Zenetex is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-zenetex.icims.com.