Website International Paper
Maintenance C (Maintenance Technician) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance C (Maintenance Technician)|
|Location||Fort Smith, AR, United States|
International Paper is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products with manufacturing operations. The company produces corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue, and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will perform a variety of activities to maintain plant equipment and facilities in optimum operating condition.
These activities include scheduled preventive maintenance and emergency/break-down repairs.
Maintenance technicians report to the Maintenance Supervisor. Pay depending on skill level.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Knowledge of rigging (coma longs, port-a-power, blocking, chain falls, slings, chokers, hydraulic jack, machine dollies, booms, and spreader bars
- Accurately and completely prepare and maintain maintenance records and other paperwork
- Accurately using measurement and test equipment; knowledge of types of pitch, the diameter of gears (spur, bevel, right angle, herringbone and rack, and pinion); ability to install and check for backlash and wear and maintain gears; knowledge of all tools and proficient with scales, tape measures, micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, torque wrenches, and pullers
- Contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results
- Identify types of bearing and class of fits (roller, ball, tapered, cylindrical, and spherical); identify proper sizing of belts, sheaves, sprockets, and chains
- Knowledge of mechanical drives and their function and troubleshooting
- Maintaining clean and organized work areas and cleaning up work areas as part of completing assigned tasks
- Maintaining teamwork with other associates
- Performing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam system, and other repairs and installations as needed; read and interpret pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and diagrams; ability to design, build and install simple pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Performing emergency/break down maintenance as necessary to support plant operations
- Performing preventative maintenance activities such as lubricating, measuring wear, measuring positions, repositioning components, and observing operations, vibrations, and noise levels
- Proficient in all types of welding (Torch, Stick, MIG, and TIG)
- Referencing equipment manuals and other technical literature; knowledge of detailed mechanical equipment drawings and ability to use detailed blueprints in carrying out troubleshooting and equipment repairs
- Safely operating the boiler, and maintaining adequate operation steam pressure (greater than or equal to 180 PSI)
- Troubleshooting and solving problems
- Utilize maintenance computer system to enter notifications, time, research parts, manuals, drawings, etc.
- Keeping supervision informed of problems and/or unusual situations
- Qualifications for maintenance technicians include the ability to perform the duties/responsibilities of the job with or without accommodation; the ability to accurately use and read a variety of measuring devices; well-rounded electrical, mechanical, and machine shop skills and experience; the ability to learn, and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, and work effectively as a member of a team.
- The maintenance supervisor evaluates maintenance technician qualifications.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of the function and wiring of PLC’s
- Knowledge of the functions of motor frequency drives
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.internationalpaper.com.