Maintenance Electrician Job Highlights
|Peoria, IL, United States
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner in the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Electrician who will be responsible for maintaining the industrial electrical infrastructure. This includes installation, maintenance, or replacement of electrical circuits, electrical components, and the electrical elements of machine tools.
- Associate Degree in Electronics or Industrial Electronics Technology (college/university) or the equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years of experience as a journeyman 1st Class installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical circuits and components up to and including three-phase 480-volt circuits.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a journeyman/1st Class installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and operating PLCs, NC/CNC controllers, and PCS.
- Ability to read and interpret ladder logic on NC/CNC controls.
- Advise supervision of parts required, and then able to communicate with service personnel both in-house and over the phone.
- Assembles, installs, services, diagnoses, and repairs complex electronic and electrical circuits and components used on machine tools and plant equipment.
- After being qualified, be able to operate material handling equipment to aid in completing jobs as needed and transport maintenance-related items from building to building.
- Perform electrical construction as required to meet current electrical codes.
- Must be able to read blueprints as required for machinery installation, repairs, and new construction relating to electrical requirements.
- Must possess familiarity with PLC’s
- Responsible and accountable for following all applicable safety rules. Must be able to safely and effectively conduct all work activities.
- Where safety is not a factor, may use a hand torch and may do simple welding to complete the assigned job.
- Will use information systems as necessary to perform job duties.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that facilitate communications with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Will be required to complete a physical commensurate with DOL Medium duty work requirements which includes drug testing.
- Bonus programs
- Educational reimbursement
- Medical programs
- Paid time off
- Retirement savings plans
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.