Website Newmont Corporation
Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Engineer – Mechanical|
|Location||Boddington, WA, Australia|
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc, and lead. It is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution, and technical proficiency.
The company is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer who will work closely with mine maintenance, mining operations, and business partners to identify and resolve problems related to the safety, asset integrity and breakdown of NBG’s Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME), with the primary purpose of achieving production targets and reducing operating costs.
The position will report to the Engineering & Asset health supervisor.
- The applicants should have a University Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of post-graduate experience.
- Experience in Precision fitment, Hydraulic systems, lubrication, materials selection, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, Condition Monitoring systems, and techniques.
- Experience with quality assurance and control regimes for equipment overhaul and onsite repair.
- Maintenance engineering experience for HME within a large-scale complex mining or heavy industry environment.
- Driving the reliability-centered maintenance process, facilitating Root Cause Analysis sessions, and delivering detailed failure investigation reports to key stakeholders.
- Management of OEMs and facilitation of internal and external support to continually improve equipment performance.
- Preparation of capital project scopes and management of minor capital projects.
- Preparing detailed engineering work scopes and participating in the execution of maintenance tasks in high-pressure situations, such as mining equipment shutdowns and major overhauls.
- Promoting the development of standard task procedures and reporting non-compliance risks, hazards and behaviors.
- Resolving complex technical and warranty issues, improving the reliability of the mining fleet.
- Support or manage equipment overhauls, maintenance strategies, and maintenance improvement projects.
- Technical support to the Mine Maintenance Superintendents, Supervisors, and Tradespeople.
- Effective planning and project management skills will be well regarded.
- Proven ability to deliver projects in accordance with the full project life cycle including concept, design, fabrication, construction, testing and commissioning whilst managing schedules, budgets and quality requirements.
- Sound knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Well-developed communication skills to liaise effectively with the workgroup.
- The offers include private health insurance and an annual performance-based incentive.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to recruiting, hiring, placing, and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation, etc.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.