Website Alleyton Resource
Maintenance Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Fabricator (Altair Plant)|
|Location||Garwood, TX, United States|
Alleyton Resource is an integrated aggregate and ready-mix concrete company. It operates sand and gravel sites and ready-mix concrete.
Alleyton Resource is part of Summit Materials. Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mix concrete, cement, asphalt paving, and construction industries.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Fabricator who will be instrumental in the repair and maintenance of all stationary equipment. Including conveyors, hoppers, screens, crushers, screws, hydraulics, log washers, pumps, etc.
While maintaining a safety-first attitude, adhere to all company standards, policies, and procedures, as well as compliance with all federal and state regulations, including MSHA, OSHA, TCEQ, etc.
- The company is looking for a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of related experience or a combination of both.
- Dismantle and reassembles equipment, using hoist, forklifts, cranes, and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage and excessive wear and report issues to the supervisor.
- Fabricate liners, chutes, pipes, tables, mounts, etc.
- Inventory and maintain assigned trucks and tools.
- Replaces defective parts effectively, efficiently, and safely.
- Servicing equipment as necessary.
- Tests equipment when done with work to ensure operating correctly.
- Weld broken/worn parts on stationary equipment, mobile equipment, and structural members.
- Will identify the root cause of failures and report to supervisor.
- Will troubleshoot, perform repairs, rebuilds, and maintenance of all equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of construction/mining, cutting /welding, and other related mining equipment.
- Computer Skills – Experience with Microsoft Office products and some ability to adapt to other computer software. The use of smartphones is opening up files while working remotely.
- Mechanical experience – A heavy machinery background experience of 5 years is required.
- Welding Skills – Experience with working with mild steel, hardened steels, stainless, and cast. A minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- Consists of both offices setting and on-site at plants.
- The office environment will include suitable work areas and standard office equipment.
- On-site work consists of activities that include navigating heights, machinery, and exposure to elements such as dust, changes in temperature, and weather.
- Required safety equipment will be issued and policies and procedures focused on safety will apply.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing at times.
- Frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently climb stairs and ladders.
- Will require working with heights on equipment and in man baskets.
- Must be able to safely maintain 3 points of contact when applicable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees, and managers.
- Effective conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to read, write and do mathematics.
- Must be self-motivated and able to direct a helper throughout the workday.
- 401(k) with a company-matched contribution
- Employee Assistance Program access (EAP)
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- 7 Paid Holidays annually
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Alleyton Resource and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. The company prides equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status, veteran status, or any other class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.