Maintenance Fitter/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Kilmore East, Victoria, Australia|
Hanson Australia is a leader in the supply of building and construction materials across all segments from large engineering and infrastructure projects, multi-residential and detached buildings, commercial, industrial and social developments to smaller domestic alterations and additions.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Fitter/Welder who will handle maintenance works that may range from programmed maintenance schedules, shutdowns, and reactive maintenance tasks, which will encompass minor fabrication, organisation of resources, and supervising and conducting repairs.
This role will support and ensure work is done proficiently, within commercial time frames, and in adherence to Hanson’s policies and directives.
The position will report directly to the Quarry Supervisor and work closely with the Quarry Leading Hand and maintenance contractors.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants are expected to have basic education.
- Possess quarry or mining industry experience (preferred)
- You have a trade qualification and fabrication experience
- Previous experience in general fixed plant maintenance
- Advise on improvements that can be made to maintenance tasks and processes or plant performance.
- Assist with plant housekeeping activities, and maintain a clean and safe workshop environment. (5S Housekeeping Standards)
- Ensure adequate records are maintained and report all incidents.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is operating well within the statutory requirements.
- Ensure workshop stock levels of components and consumables are maintained to support the scheduled/planned work.
- Perform daily fixed plant inspections, and identify/repair faults.
- Constantly looking to improve
- Enjoy analyzing/troubleshooting issues and problems
- Be part of a highly recognized global brand name and growing organization
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Ongoing career and development opportunities
- Rewarded with an attractive remuneration package
Hanson values diversity and recognises the importance of teams reflecting the communities. The company is seeking to improve and embrace diversity in the workforce which will lead to improved safety, performance, and operational outcomes.
To apply for this job please visit heidelbergcement.csod.com.