Maintenance General III Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance General III|
|Location||Chico, TX, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is looking for an individual who will work under the direction of the Maintenance or Production Team Leader in support of the production process, by performing complex maintenance repair and rebuilding of all plant equipment required to maintain optimum capabilities on a 24-hour-a-day, seven days a week basis.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The work experience is not displayed by the Employer.
- Direct and train inexperienced or lesser experienced employees in the above duties.
- Full compliance with plant, state/federal safety regulations, and general work rules. Use of proper lock-out procedure and personal protective equipment.
- Maintain, repair, rebuild and fabricate parts when required for all types of industrial equipment used in the production of cement.
- Performs gas and arc welding, layout, pipefitting, and millwright functions.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses equipment problems and performs necessary repairs, and reports findings to supervision.
- Responds to emergency breakdowns and repairs which may occur on a 24-hour-a-day, seven days per week basis.
- Take personal responsibility to translate safety policies, goals, and standards from paper into action. Follow prescribed safety policies, procedures, and standards in the completion of assigned tasks. Complete all required inspections, audits, work orders, and reports. Communicate and document hazards and substandard conditions and/or acts. Immediately correct substandard conditions and act to the best of your ability. Report all near misses to your team leader and assist as requested in near-miss and incident investigations.
- Works from detailed prints and equipment manuals to fabricate parts and repair equipment as necessary.
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, leadmen, welders, maintenance personnel-and co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and welding work-related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards, breakdown of machinery and equipment
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, conversions of four-five digit numbers, common units of measurement in both metric and the decimal system
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Must have the ability to operate standard maintenance machines, equipment, and powered mechanic tools. To cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently, or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.