Website Pactiv Evergreen
Maintenance General Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance General Mechanic|
|Location||Canton, NC, United States|
Pactiv Evergreen is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh food service and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons. The company supplies the products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full-service restaurants and quick-service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers, and food processors.
The company is seeking for a Maintenance General Mechanic to join its team for daily operations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in maintenance.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting, and experience with Hydraulic Systems (valves, controls, pressure, flow, cylinders)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting, and experience with Mechanical Systems (gears, pulleys, chains, belts, shafts, industrial gearboxes, water pumps, air compressors, HVAC experience A+)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting, and experience with Pneumatic Systems (valves, controls, pressure, flow, cylinders)
- Comply with facility safety requirements including wearing the required PPE and following all of the safety rules and procedures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- General Mechanic skills and at least three to five experiences in one or more of the following: millwright, pipefitting, or welding, including any school or technical experience.
- Machining skills (work on a mill, lathe, grinder, saw, drill, etc.) preferred.
- Perform maintenance and mechanical repairs.
- Proficient at reading/interpreting blueprints and schematics (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Understand and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements where required.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment.
- Welding experience (TIG, Stick)
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair equipment, machines, etc.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment.
- Ability to work 12 hours a day as needed.
- Good attendance and work ethic.
- Must be able to demonstrate, or be willing to learn basic computer skills.
- Must be able to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Operations team members.
- Must be able to fill Shift repair vacancies, upon achieving D step status.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to maintain a strong working relationship with all maintenance department leadership and maintenance team members.
- Must be able to make decisions, which support organizational goals and expectations.
- Must be able to pass Ramsay Assessment (testing knowledge of mechanical (60 questions)
- Must be able to troubleshoot effectively and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to understand mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as required.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required to meet company and department needs.
- Must be willing and able to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Must have self-initiative and be capable of working without direct supervision.
- Must have a strong desire to learn, develop and adapt to new methods and manners associated with increased maintenance efficiency, and to prevent and predict problems.
- Use a computer to check the status of jobs/mechanical repairs that need to be completed.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-pactiv-evergreen.icims.com.