Maintenance Journeyman Job Highlights
|Location||Demopolis, AL, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Journeyman who will perform a variety of general maintenance activities and help other mechanics with repairs to mobile equipment necessary to keep equipment maintained in good running order so that optimum production can be obtained.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Candidates with work-related experience are considered a plus.
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Assists mechanic and skilled personnel
- Maintain good housekeeping of the equipment
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Operate other mechanical equipment to load truck
- Operate powered tools to perform mechanical work and repairs
- Operate welding equipment to perform basic welding work
- Operating hoist(s) during repairs
- Perform safety walk-around inspection before a shift
- Performing mechanical work and repairs on mobile equipment
- Procuring, and moving parts, material, equipment, and necessary tools
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
- Shoveling and clean-ups
- Storage and transport of used and/or damaged equipment to other areas
- Use oxy-acetylene torch equipment to perform light or medium cutting jobs
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Ability to carry out not only simple but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, welders, leadmen, other Mechanics, maintenance personnel, co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and Ability to operate equipment in reverse using mirrors
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, conversions of four-five digit numbers, common units of measurement in both metric and the decimal system
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or moving of 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing to 25 pounds
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently, or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.