Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Lead Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Lead – North Bridgeport Quarry|
|Location||Chico, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Lead who will take a leading role in improving plant efficiency and productivity by troubleshooting, repairing plant equipment, and implementing maintenance schedules.
The position will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- The applicants should be a Very Proficient Welder (Prefer Certified Welder)
- Able to read and write at 12th-grade level certification or advanced training (preferred)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic.
- Actively participate in scheduling plant shutdowns, including analysis of needs, length of time to complete the project, and labor requirements
- Assist in other areas of the plant as needed
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Coordinator in scheduling maintenance, diagnosing equipment problems, setting repair priorities, training, and work assignments
- Complete daily safety and maintenance reports accurately
- Cut, weld and fabricate various parts of plant equipment, chutes, conveyors, etc.
- Follow MSHA and safety procedures and policies
- Give technical advice to less experienced Maintenance Mechanics regarding all plant repairs and safety procedures
- Inspect equipment daily to maintain production and ensure safety standards have been met.
- Maintain housekeeping and appearance standards as established
- Takes responsibility to follow up on parts orders. Make sure parts arrive prior to scheduling needed equipment repairs
- Troubleshoot and repair fixed plant equipment in a timely manner in accordance with plant and company policy
- Be able to work in very stressful conditions
- Knowledge of crushing, screening, material handling equipment, and all related major systems preferred
- Must be able to communicate (read, write, speak) effectively in English
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow service manuals, parts books, and blueprints printed in English
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Team-oriented with the ability to teach others in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of MSHA and safety rules and regulations
- Ability to use hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, etc
- Adequate vision and hand-eye coordination to make precise adjustments and repairs to equipment
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb, and reach around all areas of plant equipment
- Must be able to climb stairs to a height of 100 feet and work at this level for extended periods
- Must be able to operate motor vehicle and equipment
- Must be able to walk across steep/rough terrain up to 200 yards
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work irregular and extended shifts in excess of 10 hours
- This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection
- Will be required to lift up to 75 lbs., as needed
- Exposure to cement, clay, limestone, shale, and other raw materials and various chemicals, solvents, and lubricants
- Must be able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 dB.
- Will work in varied environments (in all weather conditions heat, cold, wet, humid, dry, or dusty conditions)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.