Maintenance Machinist Millwright Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Machinist Millwright|
|Location||East Alton, IL, United States|
Wieland is one of the world’s leading suppliers of semi-finished copper and copper alloy products. The company offers a broad product, technology, and service portfolio. From prototype to series production, Wieland develops solutions for automotive, electronics, refrigeration, air conditioning, and other industries.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Machinist/Millwright who will minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
Additionally, be responsible for making the basic decisions on how a mechanical repair is to proceed, performing quality repairs the first time, as well as leading the completion of more complicated and specialized mechanical and fluids repair tasks.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of heavy industrial/maintenance experience or 4-year apprenticeship certification (required)
- Experience operating manual conventional lathes, boring mills, conventional mills, and all related machine shop equipment is required
- Experience with fabricating light gauge guarding and repair of metal products using Mig Welders, Tig Welders, Arc Welding, or Stick Welding is considered a plus
- Experience with large drive train systems including gearboxes, drive spindles, and sleeve bearings are required
- Experience with mounting and set equipment (rigging experience desired), repairing mechanical transmission equipment, repairing fluid power systems, general equipment breakdown maintenance, and heavy equipment experience is required
- Responsible for leading the completion of more complicated and specialized mechanical and fluids repair tasks
- Responsible for making the basic decisions on how a mechanical repair is to proceed and perform quality repairs the first time
- Work with the production team for constant improvement
- Works together with or leads the operating crew to minimize downtime and maximize productivity
- Perform administrative duties as assigned, including completion of work order documentation and data entry into the computerized maintenance system
- Hydraulic and combustion systems troubleshooting skills are considered a plus
- Understanding infrared, acoustics, and other predictive maintenance practices is considered a plus
- Benefits – It offers health, vision, dental, life, disability, and more starting on Day 1
- Growth Opportunities – Growth opportunities are limitless!
- Professional Development – Helping at every level of career identify strengths, sharpen skills, and ensure long-term success
- Retirement Savings – Wieland offers competitive 401(k) savings plans
- Sustainability – Continues to break ground with Eco-friendly solutions and push the barrier in sustainability for future generations
- Wellness – Encourages participation in our wellness programs including health classes, gym reimbursements, and more.
Wieland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-chasebrass.icims.com.