Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Cockeysville, MD, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will repair and maintain stationary machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, shakers, pumps, and gearboxes.
Help with plant maintenance, preventative maintenance, repair of aggregate plant processing equipment, repair of mobile equipment, and assisting during breakdowns.
Candidates may perform various duties, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping, and various other shop or processing duties.
The Mechanic is also responsible for performing repairs on mobile equipment, including haul trucks, front-end loaders, tractors, bulk trailers, and aggregate trailers.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates are expected to have some previous work experience.
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and to run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work areas
- Duties may include checking, repairing, or replacing pumps, greasing, and washing down
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance services, lubrications services are completed according to Maintenance Module
- Maximizes performance of stationary equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment, repair to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Prioritizes safety, then quality, followed by Production
- Strong maintenance welding skills required
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant equipment, along with cross-training on plant operations
- Ability to weld, cut and performs minor fabrication on plant
- Ability to work in outdoor environment & in elevated areas
- Mechanically inclined on a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work weekends and overtime
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pension Plan
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.