Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Manitowoc, WI, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will perform a variety of activities, such as installation, rearrangement, reconditioning, and simple repair of plant facilities and equipment.
Also includes simple part building i.e. modify tooling, slots, and chase threads.
- Journeyman Mechanic Certification or similar degree – Successful completion of Industrial Maintenance Program and Maintenance Technician Program.
- Post High School classes relative to the following: Basic lathe/mill, pneumatic hydraulic, welding, cutting, brazing, blueprint reading, basic electrical.
Note: Courses pertaining to maintenance/mechanical engineering or design field will be considered.
- 3 years of experience in general maintenance, maintenance/mechanical field or partial schooling credits or successful completion of Industrial Maintenance Program and Maintenance Technician Program.
- Moving air lines, machines, lubing machines, preventive maintenance, assisting higher-level maintenance, plant inspections, grind clamps/collars, change belts, welding, brazing, cutting, pipefitting, safety training, and other miscellaneous duties.
- Basic electrical knowledge is recommended to assist in removing and replacing items, such as but not limited to, fuses, light bulbs, etc.
- Knowledge to use common equipment and precision measuring devices is required.
- Simple part building, tooling modification, cutting slots, chasing threads, pipe fitting, basic lathe, mill, and drill press work, troubleshooting (must be verified with higher-level mechanic prior to repair) must be completed to acceptable quality and productivity levels, this may include working from simple prints, drawings, sketches and/or instructions.
- Lathes, hand grinders, drill presses, mills, welders, saws, hoists, Powered Industrial Trucks (lifts, fork trucks, etc.), small tools (both power and hand), inspection tools, and devices, etc.
Provide own hand tools and measuring devices common to these job requirements.
- Ability to use shop math, basic precision measuring devices, knowledge of the trade, ability to read and interpret basic prints and drawings.
- Must be able to perform assigned work to acceptable quality and proficiency levels.
- Requires knowledge gained from related training and practical experience in a maintenance/ mechanical field.
- Heavy Work – lifting 75 pounds maximum with frequent lifting or lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.