Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Irwindale, CA, United State|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will primarily repair crushing, screening, conveying, dredging, and pumping equipment.
The position will be challenged to repair and maintain quarry processing equipment.
The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical skills, be flexible on schedules, and be results-oriented.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- CCO Certified – TLL, TSS, BTF, STC designations a positive.
- Possess 3 to 5 years of experience working on equipment maintenance (preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in mining or heavy construction environment (preferred)
- Ability to diagnose and adjust equipment for optimum performance.
- Ability to perform high levels of maintenance and servicing on plant independently or within a team.
- Ability to perform repair and maintenance on conveyor systems consisting of installing/replacing bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, idlers, motors, couplings, etc.
- Ability to perform repair and maintenance on crushing systems consisting of changing dies/liners, bearings, bushings, cylinders, rams, springs, etc.
- Ability to perform repair and maintenance on essential processing equipment consisting of material feeders, pumps, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to perform welding, torching, and intermediate steel fabrication. (Pre-Employment test will be conducted)
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a man-lift, or forklift.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, high-temperature settings, and over water.
- Inspect, check, and maintain lubrication levels related to plant equipment.
- Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe fashion.
- Must own basic essential tools needed for repair work and welding.
- Proficiently work with outside contractors on critical repair and maintenance projects.
- Conduct a complete pre-and post-shift safety inspection on all equipment used.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all company safety policies and initiatives.
- Observe all regulatory requirements specified by the federal and state.
- Report unsafe conditions, accidents, or incidents immediately to the maintenance foreman or management team.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., walk, stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and descend ladders and stairs.
- Basic computer skills.
- Flexibility with work hours mandatory. Must be readily available during major downtime issues. The normal workweek consists of 6 days.
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations, specifically OSHA and MSHA.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to conduct one on one and small group conversations for information sharing. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a positive.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide units of measure.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A safety-oriented individual with a clear safety track record.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.