Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Phoenix, AZ, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of ready-mix concrete trucks.
The position will report to the Mobile Equipment Manager.
- The applicants should have preferably a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have at least 5 years of verifiable experience repairing ready mix trucks (highly desired)
- Ability to diagnose and make repairs in regards to welding and cutting.
- Ability to diagnose and repair suspension and steering systems.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot and perform hydraulic system repairs.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot and repair electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose engine systems and perform diesel and gasoline engine repairs, including minor tune-ups.
- Ability to perform road calls in a safe, fast, and professional manner when necessary
- Diagnose and repair specialized components and controls on mixers and material trucks.
- Must have complete knowledge of truck air brake systems with the ability to diagnose and repair problems. Must have knowledge of laws and regulations regarding braking systems.
- Must have knowledge of both OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety orders, including safety precautions on raised truck beds, brakes, mixer lockouts, etc.
- Will assist other mechanics with troubleshooting and repairs when problems arise.
- Will maintain good housekeeping with the ability to keep company records and complete work orders on equipment.
- Will perform other duties and assignments as required.
- A commercial driver’s license (Class A or B) is highly preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance manuals
- Must be able to write legibly to complete work orders and other required paperwork
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a clean DMV (no more than 1 point on record, no suspensions, failures to appear, etc.)
- Must have hand and air tools required to repair heavy-duty trucks. Bottom box with the ability to roll to work station required.
- Prior construction experience preferred
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.