Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Bayonne, NJ, United States|
EthosEnergy provides a full range of independent and OEM-approved solutions for the turbine, generator, and transformer products and services that are specific to the industry. It turns on the potential to deliver services and solutions globally for rotating equipment to make energy affordable, available, and sustainable.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will be responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of the power facility while assigned on shift or while assigned to the maintenance team.
The position will be required to operate and maintain, install, troubleshoot, and repair all mechanical equipment in the facility. This equipment includes, but is not limited to gas turbines, generators, gas compressors, air compressors, water treatment equipment, and other auxiliary equipment.
The individual strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees and public safety.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess an Associate Degree (AA) or higher from a two-year college or technical school (preferred)
- Education in power generation, mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance or instrumentation, and controls is a plus.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of directly related operations or maintenance experience in an electrical generating facility, or other process-related industry.
- Knowledge of advanced technology gas turbines and auxiliary equipment
- Maintenance planning and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to oversee contractors completing tasks/projects at the facility
- Ability to provide the cognitive coordinated efforts necessary to ensure that weekly routines and preventative maintenance are scheduled and documented as complete when the respective maintenance technician indicates that the work has been performed. Additionally, Plant Maintenance Mechanic will become trained and qualified as an OMT within one year to perform operating duties.
- Able to plan and efficiently execute capital projects assigned by management (on time and on a budget)
- Adept at troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with mechanical equipment and possesses the ability to apply a resolution in a timely manner
- In-depth knowledge and ability to use the CMMS system to provide the necessary review and planning to support the Plant Manager in weekly work routines.
- Capable of operating welding and cutting equipment and able to complete metal fabrication projects
- Capable of setting up and operating a drill press, pipe threading machine, grinder and other various tools to make and repair parts and equipment
- Competently operates and maintains simple cycle power generating facility equipment as directed by and in coordination with plant management
- Completes quarterly vibration rounds. Review completed report and make repairs as needed
- Conducts all routine water chemistry analysis, inspects and monitors operating components, and reports plant status. Performs routine equipment rounds and inspections in compliance with established operating procedures
- Control all auxiliary systems and supporting equipment such as air compressors, circulating water systems, wastewater systems, and locally controlled electrical and mechanical equipment
- Develops or modifies preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on an as-needed basis
- Ensures that plant safety and environmental standards, policies and procedures are followed and comply with all related regulatory requirements.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packing, gaskets, valves, and gauges. Cleaning, replacing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Oversees, schedules and participates in daily work activities. Effectively plans and coordinates a high level of activity for Mechanical Maintenance Technicians and contractors under a variety of conditions such as planned outages, emergencies, etc.
- Participate in the plant’s preventive maintenance program by performing routine maintenance duties, including the use of the CMMS.
- Perform piping and conduit installation in the plant for system upgrades and modifications
- Proficient at repairing, replacing, dismantling, and inspecting defective plant equipment such as pumps, valves, fans, gearboxes, compressors, and turbine components
- Provides technical support to various plant personnel to maintain efficiency, reliability, and availability of plant systems.
- Reads and understands technical manuals and system piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Report upset conditions or other anomalies in plant status to the Plant Manager
- Adept mechanical, instrumentation, and electrical knowledge.
- Capable of writing operating procedures, work orders, and purchase requests.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to make competent decisions in highly demanding situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret cut sheets, mechanical P&IDs, electrical one-lines, ladder logic and block diagrams, and technical manuals.
- Experience as a power plant mechanic, millwright, or equivalent is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong leadership, technical and administrative skills.
- The ability to reach, climb, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds is required
- Must be available for coverage, call-ins, and overtime on an as-needed basis, or as directed by the Facility Manager or designee.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit ethosenergy.com.