Website Alpha Baking Company
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||Alpha Baking Company|
Alpha Baking Company is a national distributor of breads, rolls, and buns, as well as sweet goods. The broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains, and independent grocery stores.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will primarily be responsible for performing preventive maintenance for a manufacturing operation.
Provides assistance or takes on the sole responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing problems.
Performs repairs, services, and maintains the plant and plant equipment. Ensures that production runs at maximum efficiency while reducing.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing setting (preferred)
- Communicate effectively with team members and management
- Perform electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment in a thorough and safe manner.
- Respond to breakdowns and failures on the plant floor
- Train production employees as well as other mechanics and be willing to be trained by other mechanics
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment
- Work in a team environment or independent
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit to a continuous improvement work team environment
- Work weekends or overtime with short notice on a daily basis if needed
- Other duties or projects assigned
- Must have general knowledge of maintenance functions such as electrical, plumbing, conveyors, motors/gearboxes, read schematics/blueprints
- Cutting – torch, band saw, grinder, plasma cutter
- Drilling/ Milling – knowledge of use: power drills, drill press, mill and lathe machines
- Electrical – troubleshooting knowledge of 3 phase 480VAC, control circuits of 110VAC and 24DC, AB PLCs
- Fabricating – able to fabricate simple guards, covers, catch pans, etc.
- Welding – able to weld with TIG and stick
- Assists contractors as needed
- Necessary to work as a team supporting and communicating properly with the other members of the production line and maintenance
- Position interfaces with all department supervisors; leads and machine operators to determine the extent of maintenance assistance
- Able to work on feet for the entire shift
- Perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pulling, climbing of machinery or tooling
- Pushing, pulling, bending
- Work in high ambient temperatures
Alpha Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state, or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.