Website Allied Reliability
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Avenel, NJ, United States|
Allied Reliability provides asset performance management across the lifecycle of production assets to deliver required throughput at the lowest operating cost while managing asset risk and achieving environment, social, and governance objectives.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will handle general plant maintenance and repairs.
The position also performs preventive maintenance and keeps equipment in good operating condition.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess High-pressure boiler license
- Education/knowledge of 120 VAC to 480 VAC wiring
- Education/knowledge of basic pipe fitting
- Education/knowledge of centrifugal pumps
- Be skilled in one or more maintenance trades including basic electrical, instrument, piping, and mechanical by ability. He must be able to handle job assignments in general plant maintenance without close supervision.
- Change out electric motors.
- Change out fuses and motor controls.
- Cleaning and calibration of controls.
- Complete all work instructions and forms relating to maintenance, safety/preventive maintenance, and keep paperwork neat.
- Demonstrate the skills to perform a variety of maintenance functions: perform work effectively without the need for rework.
- Do basic building and grounds maintenance.
- Do process and utility piping.
- Inform maintenance supervisor of the need to order parts.
- Maintain identification and traceability of plant measuring and test equipment.
- Must have the ability at any and all times to reach all work areas in the plant (i.e. climb ladders, walk catwalks, handle heights to 50 feet, etc.); to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; to open and close large valves; to don emergency equipment, and to expeditiously evacuate if required.
- Perform calibration of plant measuring and test equipment.
- Perform mechanical power transmission coupling and sheave alignment.
- Perform non-certified welding, cutting, and burning.
- Report any non-conformance in operation and make recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Responsible Care Management System® including the establishment of policies and procedures, assigning responsibilities, and tracking progress.
- This is a Safety-Sensitive position, meaning the employee is directly responsible for his or her own safety or the safety of other people. “Safety-Sensitive” roles include “any job that includes tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others.”
- Troubleshoot and perform basic electrical and wiring jobs.
- Troubleshoot and perform pump and gearbox repairs.
- Work hours as assigned: be available for an emergency call when required.
- Be skilled in one or more maintenance trades including basic electrical, instrument, piping, and mechanical by ability.
- Must be able to handle job assignments in general plant maintenance without close supervision.
- Must pass a maintenance competency exam
- Must have the ability at any and all times to reach all work areas in the plant (i.e. climb ladders, walk catwalks, handle heights to 50 feet, etc.)
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Open and close large valves
- Don emergency equipment
- Expeditiously evacuate if required
Allied Reliability is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit alliedreliabilitygroup-staffing-jobs.icims.com.