Maintenance Mechanic (2nd/3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd/3rd Shift|
|Location||Morton, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will plan and perform repairs for the services required. Also, responsible for fabrication work, checking blueprints, diagrams, or drawings for repairs and installations when necessary.
The use of various hand tools and equipment to dismantle, repair, replace and reassemble parts and equipment is required.
- The applicants should have a Technical Degree/Diploma duly obtained from a college or university.
Note: To be considered for hire, a candidate must pass mechanical skills testing.
- The candidates should have previous mechanical maintenance experience.
- Change and adjust equipment as required
- Lubricate equipment.
- Perform maintenance pipefitting on equipment
- Repair and maintain facility equipment
- Use all common, precision checking equipment, portable power tools, along with metal cutting and forming tools.
- Be able to work above the floor and in a congested or confined area.
- Machine shop experience
- Must be able to weld, cut, solder and braze
- Strong mechanical background
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.