Website Johnson Controls
Maintenance Mechanic (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic who will install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5 years of related experience in one or more of the following areas electrical repairs including industrial equipment, controls, and facility; mechanical repairs; and/or welding. One or more of the five years must include overall general maintenance.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience in one or more of these areas will be considered.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts. This would include the rigging and installation of machinery.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring (3 phase and single phase), and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs programmable controls, and machine controllers.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Operate forklift, and other maintenance-related equipment (examples include but are not limited to man lift, golf cart, van, snowplow, etc.)
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment and inspects cranes and hoists monthly.
- Read and interrupt Blueprints, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical schematics.
- Repairs and maintains forklifts, and other related vehicles (examples include but are not limited to man lift, golf cart, van, snowplow, etc.)
- Repairs and maintains hand tools, impact guns, saws, etc.
- Repairs and maintains the physical structure of the establishment.
- Responsible for correcting or reporting unsafe conditions observed within the plant.
- Responsible for reporting work-related injuries and near misses to supervision.
- Responsible for wearing all required PPE and following applicable safety/environmental rules.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and use all measuring equipment including but not limited to (tape rules, micrometers, and amp probes).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, and/or factory reps.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Forklift license required.
- Must be able to obtain within three (3) months.
- Electrical, welding, or any other type of related certificates and /or licenses preferred.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.