Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Burlington, WI, United States|
Nestle is the world’s largest food and beverage company. the company works with the aim of unlocking the power of food to enhance the quality of life for everyone, today and for generations to come.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will actively troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities on production and facilities support equipment and systems.
Applies technical knowledge to maintain the assets to the highest possible standards.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to 5 years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: machinist, millwright, welder, or pipefitter
- Clean tools, parts, and equipment after line rebuilds, repairs, and maintenance as necessary
- Fabricate, assemble, repair, and utilize Nestlé software reporting system for work orders and Preventative Maintenance
- Install new equipment as necessary
- Layout, plan, measure, and execute tasks to support maintenance efforts
- Maintain housekeeping and sanitation of work area and equipment
- Maintain, repair, disassemble, and troubleshoot complex processes, high-speed packaging machinery, and other manufacturing equipment
- Perform job assignments alone or as a member of a work crew, depending on the nature of the assignment
- Provide technical expertise to train and support production and create an environment of continuous learning
- Read blueprints, diagrams, or machinery manuals to diagnose problems, identify components, and verify proper equipment operation
- Repair and utilize material handling equipment including manual pallet jacks, battery-operated pallet jacks, stand-up and sit-down trucks, scissors lifts, boom-type man-lifts, and equipment/component hoists
- Train others on job tasks of this role
- Use of Nestle computer systems for accurate tracking of products as required
- Utilize power and hand tools such as saws, drills, and small powered equipment to properly and safely support work activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with groups or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Follow all required GMP, quality, and food safety requirements and policies.
- In addition, employees shall notify their supervisor or other designated personnel of all quality or food safety findings, risks, or incidents.
- Follow all Nestlé-Burlington Safety and Environmental rules, regulations, and policies, fully participate in all Safety and Environmental programs, and report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately.
Nestle Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobdetails.nestle.com.