Website Hubbell Incorporated
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Centralia, MO, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
- The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for the takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Capable of operating electric arc welding and acetylene welding to do all types of maintenance work. Will be responsible for their own work and for those helpers that may be assigned to complete the job.
- Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspections of assigned equipment report findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Must be skilled in fitting bearings, aligning wheels, shafts, etc., and various metallurgical properties of metals.
- Notifies supervisor of operation department and maintenance of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken or planned.
- Test equipment to check for operational status. Clears jams and tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers, or when new equipment is being instated. Assists operations engineers and operators in analyzing, repairing, and bringing equipment back online using, testing, measuring, and examining products to ensure the equipment is working properly.
- Will work on such machines but not limited to, lathes, punch presses, forging machines, drills, hydraulic machines, air compressors, etc.
- Work details include the analysis of machine trouble, tearing down of equipment, dismantling, performing repairs and or replacing damaged parts, and reassembling the machine in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. manually from floor to waist and waist to floor.
- May be required to perform various other duties, and operate other pieces of equipment, such as but not limited to, forklift, crane, hand tools, saws, drills, etc., and other pieces of equipment as required by the supervisor or the job requirement.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.