Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Waupun, WI, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the manufacturing and office facilities.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Certification from a Vocational School or Trade School in Industrial repair (preferred)
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read interprets and follow all safety rules and regulations while performing operations. (including but not limited to the confined space program)
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Adheres to the facility’s quality, environmental, health, and safety policies that are identified by the management systems.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting on plant and facility equipment.
- Changes light bulbs and exit light fixtures.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings according to a preventative maintenance program. Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines. Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion. Replaces or repairs machine belts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury or ill health to themselves and others.
- Cuts and threads pipe, cuts openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seals pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- High proficiency in all mechanical repairs required in the plant.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Monitors equipment for specification using but not limited to the following types of gages, scales, check-off sheets, and visual aids.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Operates overhead hoists, forklifts, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which include but are not limited to boxes, barrels, bins, and bulk packs.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs, and computer systems. Ensures appropriate and timely communication between departments.
- Reads and understands machine blueprints, schematics special instructions, as required. Records information for inspection and maintenance using various forms, logs, and computer systems. Ensures appropriate and timely communication between departments.
- Reads and understands production schedules.
- Repairs and maintains the physical structure of the establishment.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination. Lifts heavy objects by hand or with a power hoist; operates industrial forklift and or electric hoist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Troubleshoot machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with team members and supervisor.
- Understanding of all operations throughout the manufacturing process.
- Understands preventative measures and create a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and report all incidents to the supervisor/manager.
- Utilizes data to determine the conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining the cause of failure.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper settings, speeds, cycle times, and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates and ratios.
- Knowledge of the metric system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to work independently yet be an effective team player.
- Must have above-average mechanical ability.
- Must obtain forklift license.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to walk and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently exposed to extreme heat.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel-toe shoes are required.
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.