Website BAE Systems
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The company is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic to join its team.
Note: Position is union-represented.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journeyman’s Certification or Apprenticeship or 2-year Degree
- Completion of a state-certified apprenticeship program in relevant fields of mechanical, and millwright.
- AS Degree/BS degree in relevant technical field and 3 years industrial experience in mechanical or millwright trade.
- 5 years of documented experience in heavy industrial machine repair or millwright with experience in rigging, replacing gearboxes, troubleshooting, and repair of heavy equipment pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and ability to read schematics.
- Possess a combination of education and experience
- Assisting garage maintenance person in repair duties, as occasion demands.
- Inspecting, dismantling, repairing, adjusting, reassembling, and installing all mechanical and hydraulic equipment used in production areas throughout the plant using machining tools, metal fabricating equipment, material-handling equipment, positioners, replacement parts, and related hardware, miscellaneous machine and packing materials, and lubricants.
- Keeping work area clean and safe.
- Operating drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, and burning and welding equipment (tack and rough weld) as required to perform repair or installation duties.
- Operating mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled), and jib cranes, as required, to transport and position replacement parts or equipment.
- Performing work in such a manner as to minimize interruption of production during repair or installation operations.
- Re-assembling, testing, and adjusting mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Receiving and working from instructions and work orders from the Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person, or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Returning to designated maintenance storage areas all tools, materials, and equipment not in use.
- Using personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e., bar-code) as required.
- Using power and hand tools such as drill presses, lathes, threading machines, hydraulic presses, grinders, wrenches, saws, hydraulic jacks, slings, cables, chains, block and tackle, hammers, screwdrivers, and pliers. On occasion, uses jib and overhead cranes (i.e., pendulum and radio controlled), welding and burning equipment, mobile tractors, and trucks.
- Determining and obtaining necessary tools, materials, and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Working off written work instructions.
- Determining and obtaining the necessary tools, materials, and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Operating drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, burning and welding equipment;
- Operating mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled), and jib cranes;
- Re-assembling, testing, and adjusting mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics;
- Personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e., bar-code).
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Disability Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
BAE Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.