Maintenance Mechanic/Fabricator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Skokie, IL, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic/Fabricator who will maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery, and building facilities.
Completes duties of an advanced technical or mechanical nature that require specific training, licenses, or certifications.
Adhere to safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
Primary responsibilities include reading and understanding instructions, ensuring that required parts are present, and meeting quality standards.
Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair equipment.
Work may involve the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal and overall fabrication.
Also, may include installing fittings, pumps, gauges, and hardware to complete machine assembly as well as fit/tack together pieces into subassemblies and then into complete machines.
There will be blueprint reading, laying out components, fitting, fabricating, using power/hand tools, and other skills to ensure equipment is properly assembled and set up.
- High School or General Education equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in welding and fabrication work
- 3-5 years of experience operating machine shop equipment
- High mechanical aptitude
- Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Machine building and repair experience
- Machine experience and ability to operate lathe, mill, drill press, and saws as well as fabrication, assembly, and equipment installation.
- Reading and understanding product schematics, and blueprints as well as interpreting engineering drawings.
- Welding experiencing-for example in MIG, TIG, GAS, Stick, etc.
- Be able to work independently yet be a part of a team
- Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and training
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and meet production quotas
- Basic knowledge of math and decimal places
- Knowledge in the usage of gages, calipers, and measuring tools.
- Bending: Regularly required
- Climb/Balance: Frequently required
- Crouch/Crawl: Occasionally required
- Handle Materials: Regularly required
- Kneeling: Occasionally required
- Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb – 40lb, frequently lifting objects 40lb – 60lb, occasionally lifting objects weighing up to 100lb.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required
- Standing: Regularly required
- Stooping: Regularly required
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.