Maintenance Mechanic – Kalrez® Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – Kalrez®|
|Experience||3 to 5 Years|
|Location||Newark, DE, United States|
DuPont makes a broad array of industrial chemicals, synthetic fibers, petroleum-based fuels and lubricants, pharmaceuticals, building materials, sterile and specialty packaging materials, cosmetics ingredients, and agricultural chemicals.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team. The Tralee Park facility produces high-performance Kalrez® seals in a discrete part manufacturing environment in accordance with customer requirements.
- The aspiring applicants should have completed a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, college, or tech center.
- Journeyman or Master Electrical License preferred
- Possess a Degree or Certificate from an accredited college or technical school in the Mechanical field or have at least two years of demonstrated equivalent abilities in this skill.
- The candidates should possess 3 to 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing
- Acquire powered equipment (such as a fork truck) license if needed.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Exhibit a safety-conscious approach to work
- Be able to troubleshoot and maintain various mechanical machines and process equipment
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on manufacturing equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled and on-call repairs of production equipment
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform highly diversified duties including electrical and mechanical to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Read and understand schematics and P&ID’s.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, welding, cutting, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Work in PSM (Process Safety Management) rated and non-PSM facilities and strictly adhere to safety principles and policies as a condition of employment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhat, respirator, protective eyewear, face shields, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated team player and results-driven
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime including weekends/holidays when required
- Willing and able to stand for extended periods of time, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl, reach overhead, climb stairs, and work in elevated heights
- Willing and able to lift up to 35 lbs.
The company offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous 401k match, health, and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation starting, a variable bonus plan, and much more.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dupont.com.