Maintenance Mechanic (Level 3) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – Level 3|
|Location||Candiac, QC, Canada|
ADM unlocks the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. The company transforms natural products into a complete portfolio of ingredients and flavors for foods and beverages, supplements, nutrition for pets and livestock, and more. It is a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic (Level 3) who will keep all equipment in good working condition based on required standards, answer maintenance calls and provide preventive maintenance and breakdown support as needed by the shops.
Install and maintain machinery and equipment using hoists, forklift trucks, and manual and power tools.
- Applicants should have successfully completed a college program (DEC) in mechanical techniques (with 3 years of experience)
- A recognized vocational learning program (DEP) with a primary concentration in industrial mechanics (with 10 years of experience)
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Adequately communicate orally and in writing
- Answer emergency service calls, during the week and weekends, when required by operations
- Demonstrate strong ability for teamwork while being able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Document work and changes to equipment and systems
- Interpret equipment drawings and documentation
- Perform work according to established safety rules
- Recommend equipment changes or upgrades to improve machine reliability and performance
- Repair and refurbish mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Demonstrate a high standard of work ethic.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Must be familiar with standardized industrial procedures, practices, and concepts.
- Must be reliable and able to work independently and adapt to circumstances.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of occupational health and public safety program standards.
- Must have good troubleshooting skills through careful attention to detail.
- Must have prior experience with cylinder machines, blowers, conveyors and safe assembly practices, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and work on metal parts: cutting, grinding, and welding
- Problem-solving creativity is required.
- Must be able to climb stairs, lift certain loads (up to 30 kg), work in a standing or sitting position for long periods, work in confined spaces, work at heights without experiencing vertigo, and bend over or kneel to reach certain parts.
- Must be able to work in a variety of high and low-temperature environments or in locations requiring a breathing apparatus.
- Must be able to attend company-sponsored training and accept to work overtime.
- Must agree to work on holidays when necessary.
- Must show a keen interest in performing the job and achieving the expected results.
- The company offers a complete benefits package, including retirement, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it values diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.