Website International Paper
Maintenance Mechanic (Level B) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance B Mechanic|
|Location||Tampa, FL, United States|
International Paper is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products with manufacturing operations. The company produces corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue, and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic who will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining the facility and equipment in an around-the-clock production environment.
The duties include performing special assignments such as new equipment installations and performing preventative maintenance duties.
Also, this position will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repairs of machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment, physical structures, plumbing, hydraulic and electrical, and automated systems.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Mechanical Journeyman or Technical/Vocation Certificate is preferred
- The candidates should have 2 years of related mechanical experience working in an industrial manufacturing production environment.
- Assist supervisor in developing and implementing a preventative maintenance program.
- Assist supervisor in ordering parts.
- Basic design and fabrication of repairs and process improvements.
- Maintain compliance with company quality systems and support audits.
- Participate and execute actions from the quality improvement program.
- Performs maintenance functions making repairs in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic breakdowns under minimal guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
- Plans, obtains cost estimates, and executes projects under the guidance of the maintenance supervisor.
- Provide training in areas of expertise or knowledge.
- Respond to work orders submitted by employees.
- Support installation of new equipment and facilities improvements.
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance duties such as mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Work safely by observing safety rules, policies, and procedures and identifying unsafe conditions or actions to the supervisor.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to bend, squat and kneel, and climb frequently
- Ability to lift average weighted materials, 50 lbs. up to 70 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints mechanical and electrical schematics, piping diagrams, in orthographic, isometric, and sketch-views
- Ability to stand for periods of a minimum of 3 hours
- Ability to work varied hours/days
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience/knowledge in the following areas: Electrical circuit troubleshooting, PLC, Electronics, ARC flash, plumbing, steam and boiler, pneumatics, confined space, mobile equipment, MIG and TIG welding
- The company offers an innovative work schedule, excellent wage and benefit package, and advancement opportunities.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.internationalpaper.com.