Maintenance Mechanic (Plant/Vehicles) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – Plant/Vehicles|
|Location||Brooklyn Park, MN, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will safely maintain, repair, and install equipment that is part of the buildings at the plant facility, material handling, and grounds for Caterpillar Brooklyn Park, Minnesota the premier paving products division.
- The applicants should have a 2-year Technical Degree in HVAC, Building Maintenance, Fluid Power, or any industrial maintenance equivalent program from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance functions.
- Operate equipment including a forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, etc.
- Performs breakdown maintenance on production and facility equipment. Includes, but is not limited to cranes, paint booths, heating, ventilation, plumbing.
- Read schematics, estimate material and parts for jobs.
- Take initiative to identify, document, communicate, and correct problems related to equipment discrepancies and recommend solutions.
- Work and interact effectively in a team environment
- Experience in troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair, preventative building, and production equipment maintenance
- Experience with reading and utilizing multimeters, electrical and hydraulic prints
- Heavy crane repair/PM experience
- Exposure to weld fumes
- Lift up to 35 lbs. frequently
- Noise levels of 85 dB or greater
- Work at multiple heights
- The company offers a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Note: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.