Website Alpha Baking Company
Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor|
|Location||Lyndale, Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||Alpha Baking Company|
Alpha Baking Company is a national distributor of breads, rolls, and buns, as well as sweet goods. The broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains, and independent grocery stores.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor who will oversee, guide, and coordinate the Plant Maintenance Program, including documented preventive maintenance programs, and supports the plant safety goals (SQF, GMPs, etc.)
Responsible for overseeing, supervising and evaluating preventive maintenance on a given shift as well as providing assistance or taking on the sole responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing problems.
Performs repairs, services and maintains the plant and plant equipment. Ensures that production runs at maximum efficiency.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- 3 years of prior supervisory experience
- Administer the “Red Tag” program to monitor adherence to food safety goals through the maintenance, sanitation, and quality verification steps for all maintenance work performed in food safety risk areas.
- Administer disciplinary action in accordance with Company policy where needed.
- Communicate and administer all Company policies and procedures consistently.
- Complete project jobs from preparing a BOM list to a completed job. Ensure all mechanics, visitors, contractors, and all other Employees on the assigned shift are following all Company and OSHA rules relating to safety, GMPs, security, and PPE policies and guidelines to keep the plant in compliance.
- Ensure all mechanics are following all EPA rules and regulations.
- Follow, maintain and evaluate the preventive maintenance (PM) program and schedule.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all other departments.
- Notify the Plant, Chief Engineer, and Managers in a timely manner of all pertinent issues.
- Notify the Quality Assurance Manager of any potential food safety risk.
- Required to come in during off shifts if needed for breakdowns and must be available to be contacted during off-hours.
- Responsible for isolating repetitive line problems, working with the line leaders, Manager, and Chief Engineer to come to a proper solution.
- Responsible for keeping machinery and support systems operating at maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for keeping the shop and all maintenance areas clean and in good condition.
- Responsible for scheduling work for all maintenance personnel on the shift.
- Supervise plant maintenance personnel.
- Train and cross-train mechanics in performing a wide range of both, mechanical and electrical repairs on a range of equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Commit to a continuous improvement work team environment
- Work extra hours or extra days if necessary
- Cutting – torch, band saw, grinder, plasma cutter.
- Drilling/Milling – knowledge of use: power drills, drill press, mill and lathe machines
- Electrical – better than average troubleshooting knowledge of 3 phase 480VAC, control circuits of 110VAC and 24DC, AB PLCs
- Fabricating – able to fabricate simple guards, covers, catch pans, etc.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- MS Office – fluent in MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Welding – able to weld with TIG and stick
- Assists contractors as needed
- Necessary to work as a team supporting and communicating properly with the other members of the production line and maintenance.
- Position interfaces with all department management, leads, and machine operators to determine the extent of maintenance assistance.
- Supervises other mechanics
- Works closely with leaders and management
- Able to work on feet for the entire shift
- Perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pulling, climbing of machinery, or tooling.
- Pushing, pulling, bending
- Work in high ambient temperatures
Alpha Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state, or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.