Website Norsk Hydro
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Portland, OR, United States|
Hydro is a leading industrial company that builds businesses and partnerships for a more sustainable future. The company businesses present in a broad range of market segments for aluminum, energy, metal recycling, renewables, and batteries, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who can repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as, electric motors, hydraulic pumps/valves, pneumatic/hydraulic cylinders, cranes, automatic saws, conveyor/belt systems, and related repair equipment such as welders, oxy-fuel torches, drill presses, machine tools, power tools and a full range of hand tools.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Installs and assists with new and replacement equipment
- Performs and lockout/tag-out procedures according to company policy
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting and repair of machinery
- Performs preventative maintenance with regular inspections
- Repairs and replaces defective parts; lubricates and cleans parts
- Familiar with mechanical electrical and PLC equipment
- Must be able to understand and deliver basic commands in English
- Must be able to work cohesively in a team environment
- Must have basic math skills, use a calculator and read a tape measure
- Must have troubleshooting ability with complex manufacturing machinery including hydraulics, electrical, PLC, and ability to read electrical prints and hydraulic diagrams
- Welding, cutting, and fabrications skills
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Education Assistance
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hydro.com.