Website Martin Marietta
Maintenance Person Job Highlights
|Location||Massey, MD, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Person who will be responsible for safely and efficiently repairing and maintaining plant industrial equipment and machinery.
Be responsible for repairing and maintaining stationary machinery, mobile equipment, and mechanical equipment such as conveyor systems, shakers, pumps, gearboxes, etc.
Also, responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of aggregate plant processing equipment and repair of mobile equipment.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Possession of a Welding Certification (a plus)
- Possess 1 year of experience in welding and maintenance
- Experience in welding and maintenance in the mining industry (preferred)
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Completes required paperwork to maintain equipment and run the plant according to Martin Marietta Materials standards
- Conducts MSHA pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and work area
- Maximizes performance of equipment by performing repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is completed on a timely basis
- Operates other equipment such as loaders and haul trucks in a safe manner as needed
- Performs erection of processing equipment and makes repairs to processing equipment and mobile equipment
- Performs simple and intermediate-type diagnoses/repairs without constant supervision
- Performs various roles, including fabrication, welding, cutting, greasing, housekeeping, and various other shop or processing duties
- Utilizes electrical and pressure testing equipment within the company guidelines and safety standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant equipment
- Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
- Able to weld, cut, and perform minor fabrication on plant equipment and machinery
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Able to work on an elevated worksurface
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions, and in elevated areas
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge, and skills
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.