Maintenance Person III Job Highlights
|Maintenance Person III
|Mojave, CA, United States
CalPortland is a major building materials and construction solutions provider. It includes solutions to the greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production and distribution, ready mixed concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, and other building materials.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Person III who will perform any mechanical maintenance, repair, modifications, and installation work as directed on plant buildings, machinery, dust collectors, and lubrication. Maintenance/repairs include welding and cutting as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cement plant experience (a plus)
- Familiarity working around crushers, screens, sand screws, etc.
- Mining experience or other experiences that require welding, fabricating, belt splicing
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems; determine appropriate repair measures
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local labor, safety, and environmental regulations
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of mechanical methods
- Participation in job-related training
- Plan and lead work of a skilled crew for maximum safety and efficiency with minimal supervision
- Read blueprints and use shop mathematics
- Understand and follow proper rigging and lifting procedures
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders, and walk on uneven or rough terrain
- Ability to use various hand tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather (heat, cold, rain) for shifts up to 12 hours in length
- Able to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Familiarity with mine site safety rules and regulations
- Must complete CalPortland’s Maintenance training program
- Must possess the dexterity necessary to perform all tasks
- Solid mechanical/control system skills, and the ability to train others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Some positions require FMCSA-regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
- Must submit to a post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Working in confined spaces, welding, cutting, ability to lift over 50 lbs., and climbing up to elevations of 100 ft.
- May enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program.
CalPortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.calportland.com.