Maintenance Planner Job Highlights
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Planner who will write work orders based on field diagnosis/inspection, administrative duties, generating weekly/monthly reports, investigation and preparation of work orders for execution, and root cause analysis of early failures.
Scope includes all technologies employed within Body or General Assembly.
- The applicants should have passed a Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a college/university or combination of education and applicable experience.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of experience in a technical capacity preferably in a high-volume auto body manufacturing environment.
- Assist management to coordinate PdM initiatives (Predictive Maintenance projects).
- Auditor of PM execution and accuracy. Creation of work orders based on PM findings.
- Collaborate in the development of data-driven projects to increase Equipment Availability.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Management to plan activities for scheduled shutdowns.
- Cross-discipline collaboration to ensure the proper work order repairs are applied the first time.
- Development of Pre-Task Analysis for major repairs and projects.
- Evaluation of work orders for assignment/collection of parts, tools, and time required for repair.
- Generation of the daily maintenance plan for review and allocation based upon current Shop condition, determined by Manager, in consultation with shift Supervisor.
- Interface with various layers of Leadership, highlighting the status of PM/Work Order system and current priority of repairs.
- Managing workload – prioritizing work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Participates in the training of technicians to ensure proper repair procedure.
- Spares management, order, setup, and sustaining of stocks.
- Special duties and projects, as assigned or necessary including coverage of other coordinators.
- Systematic inspection of core systems along with work order creation to ensure repair before failure.
- To assist maintenance management in the development of cost reduction projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; proactive, motivated self-starter.
- Data analysis and risk-based decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and ability to handle and manage change effectively and efficiently.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Project Management skills desired
- Solid understanding of pneumatics, AC/DC electricity, industrial robots, and various joining technologies such as rivets, spot welding, and structural adhesive.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- TPM and/or Autonomous Maintenance knowledge and experience.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.